Irina Uk- Founder of Blended World
Ed.M. Harvard University; M.S. DePaul University
Creative Code Teaching Artist
- Drawing with Code [coming soon!]: creating a tutorial and online course to teach coding through art projects
- Digital Media Academy: developing the Made by Girls: Adventured in Programming course curriculum, an introductory coding course exclusively for 8 to 12 year old girls, to be taught at twenty one locations nationwide; teaches programming and wearable tech intensives to students between 8 and 18 years old
- Artisan Asylum: developing and facilitating a creative code workshop series for adults
- Lesley STEAM Lab: leads a coding club for Cambridge Public School Pre K-5th grade students, incorporating animation, game design, robotics and circuitry
- Stages Learning Materials: writes about autism and code education for the company blog
- Harvard Ed Portal: developed the Creative Coding Studio curriculum for 3rd-6th grade students, designed a training for program instructors, trained the first group of instructors and helped facilitate the first program
- Speyer School: designed and facilitated the programming component of C.A.M.P., a summer program involving chess, architecture, math and programming for K-5th grade students
Click here to view Irina's creative code portfolio.
Prior to becoming involved with code education, Irina taught high school mathematics and led a Precalculus course team in a Chicago charter school for four years. Her success in helping students from urban settings achieve content mastery and pursue math related disciplines in college led to her participation in Harvard University’s Urban Scholars Program. Irina received her Ed.M. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Technology, Innovation and Education in 2013. After graduating, she explored her interest in leveraging technology to improve education by designing learning technologies for companies such as HarvardX, CAST, IDC Herziliya’s Media Innovation Lab, Scholastic and Knewton. See more on her LinkedIn.